Toe Tappin' Good Times
Only You is a song forever imprinted on my soul because of The Inkspots. I was not disappointed by the way The Platters covered it and tonight, Harry Connick Jr. did a great rendition, which made me and hubby squeeze closer to each other. The look in those green eyes of his promised and his lips delivered an utterly delicious kiss. My hubby is a wonderful kisser.
That other guy we were both there to see, Harry Connick Jr., can sure give a great concert and it was made all the better by his showing what a truly nice guy he is. He had us all laughing about the ridiculousness of Berkeley and toe-tapping to some really wonderful numbers but the highlight was when he somehow got wind that a white-haired lady named Alice sitting within view of the stage was celebrating her birthday. He got her up off her seat and you could tell that standing up on that cane was a bit hard but it was obvious that Alice just loved being the center of his attention. It was the cutest thing ever.
Well, he sang her a tune just before getting off the stage to stand next to her. When he stood next to her, he got every person in the audience to sing Happy Birthday to Alice. It was such a lovely thing to do and if I hadn't just met the folks who bought us the tickets, I would have been in tears. I just blinked ferociously and giggled my way through. Don't want to scare off the potential friends.
Next thing you know, there's a woman in a pink top seated about 4 rows from the stage waving at him that it's HER birthday. It was obvious what was going to happen next so he made a joke about "now it's going to be everyone's birthday" so he's going to "need to start seeing some IDs" before he lets folks come on stage. BAM! About 20 some odd people start rushing to the stage entrance waving their IDs. I could not stop laughing.
He sang to all of them and danced or hugged them including the men in the group. Talk about interactive concert-going. That Harry is one cool dude.
Then, he did a cover of Stevie Wonder's For Once in My Life and I turned to look at my husband who had just turned to give me a longing glance, too. I love melting into his arms and smelling his skin and feeling his warm kiss as he plants one on my forehead. So sweet.
The next song was a Fats Domino song but it's been so long since I pulled my boxed set out to listen that I couldn't quite pin the title down. When we're all moved that is the first set of CDs I'm pulling.
Harry Connick Jr. is a crooner extraordinaire. He's the kind that makes you want to pull out the old Sinatra, Dean Martin and all the others' vinyl out of the box and get that record player going. He definitely inspires romance and the need to get close to that special someone. With that, I say good night so I can log off and get close to my special someone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home